End of support means after July 14, 2015, there will be no support, and no updates or patches to combat security issues. Any critical line-of-business systems on Windows Server® 2003 are at risk.
Staying put could end up costing more in maintenance and security. Private Cloud Server could ultimately reduce yours clients’ costs and improve security.
Typically, organizations on older hardware and operating systems are interested in improving their capabilities in several key areas including:
- Better performance and scalability
- Cost-effective storage
- Reliable backup and disaster recovery
- Simplified IT management
The Private Cloud System can help your business get there, by offering a number of benefits including:
- Remote Desktop connection that allows user to access the office network from anywhere.
- Full support – new hardware is more secure and includes warranties for available parts and service.
- More powerful servers – more power means improved processing and throughput for server hardware.
- Simplified management – standards-based management simplifies compute, storage and networking functions.
- Pre-installed for simplicity – set-up is faster and easier.
- Reduced IT support that lowers cost of ownership.
- Integrates and upgrades older legacy desktop computers.
Frequently asked questions:
- What is the hurry?
- End of support for Windows Server® 2003 is July 14, 2015, which is a lot sooner than you may think. Having enough lead time is crucial to smooth migration. The risks and the costs increase significantly the longer you wait. Now is the time to get started!
- Upgrading is going to be too expensive?
- Actually, in the long term, upgrading will reduce costs. Outdated hardware and software costs more to run and maintain. The latest systems are more energy efficient, so not only will you be able to reduce energy costs, but with the Private Cloud Server, you can take advantage of more cost-effective storage and built-in disaster recovery. You’ll also benefit from easier remote access and a consistent user experience.
- We don’t have the time or resources to handle a migration project right now.
- That’s why we’re here. We want to make this easy for your now, before end of support makes things more challenging. Why don’t you let us conduct a free assessment of your IT infrastructure? We can put together a plan that will show you exactly what it would take. Many clients discover that upgrading is more reasonable than they expected and the benefits received far outweigh the risks.